This recipe is courtesy of Lick The Bowl Good.
Chocolate Gingerbread recipe
Gingerbread has never been my favorite holiday treat, but adding chocolate to the batter has changed the way I think about gingerbread. The combination of cocoa and warm spices is really quite nice.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Butter an 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa, flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, molasses, egg, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
• Add flour mixture and stir just until moistened, being careful not to overmix. Stir in chocolate chips.
• Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
• Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool completely. Serve directly from dish.
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Some of the posts on this site may contain an affiliate link, which means I may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Paperback: 176 pages
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing; 1 edition (October 8, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626360383
- ISBN-13: 978-1626360389
- Cover price $16.95