Easter pie is such a silly name. Yes, it’s definitely something that comes to mind when you have Easter leftovers. But, you can make and eat it all year round. I make mine this way and it reminds me of a stuffed pizza that one of the restaurants we used to go to made. It’s so yummy!
valmgs Easter Pie recipe
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 6 eggs , hard boiled and peeled
- 1 raw egg (or use butter)
- 1/4 lb ham, cut into chinks or cubes
- 1/4 lb salami, cut into chunks or cubes
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, cut into chunks or cubes
- 1/2 lb sweet italian sausage (I used ground sausage, no casing)
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozz cheese
- garlic powder
Boil the 6 eggs.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cover bottom of springform pan with 1 of the crusts.
Rinse and peel the 6 eggs. Chop them into chunks.
In large bowl combine all ingredients except the 1 raw egg, the butter and the garlic powder.
I like to add the ricotta last.
No matter what order you put them in, be sure to mix well.
Add the contents of the bowl into the bottom crust inside the pan.
Place the top crust over the bottom and pinch to close.
Brush top crust with raw egg OR brush top crust with butter.
Sprinkle garlic powder over the egg or the butter.
Bake for about 35 minutes.
Wait 5 minutes or so before slicing.