I was in a ranch mood when looking through the cabinets for ingredients to concoct with. I like the creamy sauce that it makes so much that I’m contemplating trying to turn it into soup. Hubby says it wouldn’t work. We’ll see. Anyway. The canned cream of chicken soup keeps this dish from being gluten-free as prepared here. Lipton Cream Of Chicken Cup A Soup is gluten-free so I’ll have to look into switching one for the other and see how it goes another time.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 6 large potatoes)
- 1 head broccoli (or small bag frozen broccoli)
- 2x envelopes dry ranch dressing mix
- 2x 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1x 26 ounce can and 1x 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Peel and cube potatoes, then place into crockpot.
Cut chicken into bite sized chunks and place into crockpot.
Place contents of cans of soup into crockpot.
Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces and place into crockpot.
Cut each bar of cream cheese into five or six smaller pieces and place them all into the crockpot.
Pour contents of ranch dressing mix packets into crockpot.
Cook on high for about 6 hours.
Serve as is, or with shredded cheddar on top.