Summer is a busy time. Kids are home from school on summer vacation. If your kids are anything like mine, they may tend to just open the door to the fridge and grab whatever catches their eye first that suits their taste. One of he snacks you can almost always find in our house is cheese. All four of us love it. Until recently, generally if you looked on the second or third shelf down you’d find a bag of string cheese. Sometimes you really have to look for them if I’ve stocked up. My kids may love cheese but if I don’t make it easy for them to find they may snack on something else. Enter Sargento Fridge Packs.
Sargento Fridge Packs are family size boxes of string cheese, each one containing 18 sticks. The Fridge Packs are available in three flavors – Light String Cheese, Colby-Jack Cheese and Mild Cheddar Cheese. Besides tasting great, there are some terrific things about Sargento String Cheese. It’s not processed and it’s all natural. it’s gluten-free. It’s got protein and the cheese sticks portion controlled. The flip top box is easy to find in the fridge, and unlike the plastic bags that rip, the cheese sticks don’t get loose and end up all over the shelf and under things. I put the dispensing boxes on the top shelf of the fridge. My youngest loves that he can easily get them, since they are one of the legal snacks (they’re gluten-free) that he can have anytime. My oldest loves that he’s been able to find them, rather than telling me we’re out of string cheese only for me to come find some loose sticks at the back of the shelf.
Sargento offers the following tips to help you transform your family’s snack habits.
- Refresh your snacking habits. The annual spring cleaning ritual can also pertain to your snacking habits. While you’re spring cleaning your kitchen this year, transform your snacking routine, too. Keep healthy choices front and center to make smart snacking a cinch. Fill a bowl with fresh whole fruit and set it on the counter, keep whole grain crackers and rolls in your desk or purse, and place a Sargento Fridge Pack in an easy-to-reach place in your fridge.
- Pack portable snacks. When the clock strikes 3:00 p.m., we know you’re looking for a snack to tide you over. Take food with you to munch on when you’re at work or on the road to prevent unexpected trips to the vending machine or drive through.
- Turn over a new snacking leaf. Chips, cookies and candy can often wreak havoc on our diets. Stock up on nutrient-rich foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, eggs and cheese to obtain that necessary boost in energy.
- Pay attention to portions. American portion sizes continue to increase everywhere we go and, consequently, so do our waistlines. Healthy snacks should fit into your calorie budget, not be additions that you don’t account for. Aim for 100 to 200 calories per snack, and count snack calories as part of your daily energy allowance to avoid this common mistake.
- Protein + fiber = The best snacks. We know it can be a challenge to find satisfying snacks that are both nutritious and pack a punch of flavor. Try pairing foods with protein, such as eggs, cheese and nuts, with fiber-filled fare, including fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Foods rich in protein and fiber help you to feel fuller for longer, and they pack other vital nutrients to support good health.
Sargento Fridge Packs are found in the refrigerated cheese section of major grocery retailers for a suggested retail price of $6.99 for 18 snacks.
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Sargento and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”