If you look on the door of our refrigerator you’ll find lots of different condiments. One that you’ll frequently see there is Frank’s RedHot Sauce. I recently received a sample of their newest product – Frank’s RedHot Thick Sauce.
ABOUT FRANK’S REDHOT THICK SAUCE
Frank’s RedHot is very excited about their brand new RedHot THICK Sauce. Summer is now in full-swing and our brand new product is ideal for backyard grilling to add that delicious, extra flavor to everything from burgers to corn on the cob.
A little bit about Frank’s® RedHot THICK Sauce:
- Same great taste as Frank’s RedHot Original, but with a thicker consistency
- Great for grilling burgers, chicken, ribs, and even corn on the cob
- Perfect for dipping appetizers, such as spring rolls, chicken nuggets, French fries, and mozzarella sticks
- Ideal for dipping and spreading
I’m not a big fan of spicy things but my husband and 15 year old son are, especially my son. His biggest complaint has always been one of two things – that the sauce should be hotter or that it should be thicker so that it doesn’t run. When he saw the bottle of the new Frank’s Thick Sauce he immediately put it to use on his turkey sandwich. He was thrilled. The bottle has been here a little more than a week and it’s half empty already so I’d say it’s a hit.
I have a couple of recipes to share with you, courtesy of Frank’s.
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 6 soft, hoagie or Pan Cubano rolls, split 3/4 of the way through
- 1 1/8 cups FRANK’S® REDHOT THICK™ Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- ¾ lb. sliced deli turkey
- ¾ lb. sliced deli roast pork loin
- 6 oz. sliced Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 6 tbsp. chopped bread and butter pickles
- Shoestring potato sticks (optional)
1. SPREAD bottom of each roll with 2 tbsp. THICK Sauce.
2. LAYER each with turkey, pork, cheese and pickles, dividing evenly. Drizzle each sandwich with 1 tbsp. THICK Sauce. If desired, sprinkle each sandwich with shoestring potato sticks.
3. CLOSE sandwiches together firmly. Wrap each in foil. Heat in 350°F oven for 10 min. until cheese melts.
Makes 6 servings
Tip: Sandwiches may be cooked on a panini-style grill.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup FRANK’S® REDHOT THICK™ Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups cooked salad-size shrimp
- ½ cup diced canned green chilies, drained
1. PLACE 6 tortillas on flat work surface. Spread each tortilla with 2 tbsp. THICK Sauce. Layer each with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 cup shrimp, and about 1 tbsp. green chilies.
2. TOP each tortilla with second tortilla.
3. COOK tortillas on a panini grill or barbecue grill about 5 min., turning once, until toasted and cheese melts.
Cut into wedges and serve with additional THICK sauce.
Makes 6 servings
Let me know if you try either of these recipes and what you think, or if you create your own recipe.
TWO winners will each receive a Frank’s RedHot bumper sticker.
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER FORM BELOW.
THE SMALL PRINT
The winner will be selected using Rafflecopter. US addresses only please, no PO Boxes. This contest will end on Wednesday 07/27/11 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.