Summer is a great time for entertaining and having fun with family and friends. What’s more fun then sharing a beautiful afternoon or evening outdoors with good company and good food? To that end, I have recipes for two easy to make summer dips, courtesy of Frito-Lay.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jar TOSTITOS® Salsa
Mix together all ingredients. Serve immediately with TOSTITOS® Hint of Lime flavored Tortilla Chips.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 mangoes
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro
- Juice of one or two limes
- 1/4 jar TOSTITOS® Salsa
Chop all ingredients into similar-size pieces (except jalapeños, which should be finely chopped). Mix together in large bowl. Serve immediately with TOSTITOS® Hint of Lime flavored Tortilla Chips.
Also, here are some tips to help you get ready for all those barbecues, picnics and outdoor parties:
- Keep Your Cool – When it’s hot outside, the last place you want to be is in a kitchen with the oven blazing! Cool down with appetizers and snacks made from fruits and veggies, like our easy-to-make Garden Lime Dip — a perfect pairing with snacks like Tostitos® Hint of Lime chips!
- Keep it Simple – A party isn’t a party without chips and dip, but not all chips are created equal. For example, some of Frito-Lay’s most popular snacks, such as Tostitos Scoops! tortilla chips and Lay’s Classic potato chips are made with only three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, healthier oils and salt – that’s it! Use your favorite chips as a vehicle to dish up extra nutrition by pairing them with dips made with fruits and vegetables, like our Mango Salsa Chutney.
- Keep it Fun – Give a traditional potluck a modern twist by asking guests to share their recipes before they arrive. As guests leave the party, provide them with a festive printout of all the recipes so they can recreate the tasty dishes at home.
ONE winner will receive a summer snack pack with three great summer snacks – Tostitos Scoops! tortilla chips, Tostitos Restaurant Style with a Hint of Lime tortilla chips and Lay’s Classic potato chips – along with one of the new Dip Creations Dip Mixes and a festive, insulated Frito-Lay tote bag made from recycled material.
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter leave a comment on this post telling me
1 – Leave a comment on the wall of my new Facebook page stating what giveaway you’re entering. (at top of sidebar)
1 – Subscribe to my newsletter. (at top of sidebar)
1 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (at top of sidebar)
1 – Follow me on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. (at top of sidebar)
1 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here.
1 – Place my button on your blog. (in sidebar)
1 – Leave a comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog. Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
1 – Visit any of my blogs – Mom Knows It All, Val’s Views, Game Review Network and Living With Special Needs – and leave a comment on any post. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned there. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
1 – Visit HereAndThere.US (my Mom) and leave a comment on any post (except a giveaway post) there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned on my Mom’s blog. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
The winner will be selected using the “And the winner is” plugin. US addresses only please, no PO Boxes. This contest will end on Saturday 07/30/11 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.