This guest recipe is courtesy of Rice Krispies.
Cocoa Halloween Cat Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies OR 6 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal Rice Krispies®
- Canned frosting
- Candy corn, jelly beans, candy-coated chocolate pieces and/or black string licorice
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Cool slightly. Using buttered hands firmly shape each portion into ball. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Use frosting to attach candy for cat eyes, nose, mouth, ears and whiskers. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.