This guest post is from Mealtime.org, used with permission.
This spooky and nutritious Halloween recipe is easy to prepare with the help of canned soup and broth, a variety of pasta shapes and canned peas or onions, and corn. It’s a fun-filled way to enjoy veggies!
Bucket Of Blood
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed reduced sodium tomato soup
- 1 can (14 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 to 5 drops blue food coloring
- 2 cups cooked orechiette pasta (ears), or medium shells (noses), or ziti (intestine) (or a combination)
- 1 cup drained canned 50% less sodium peas or pearl onions (eyes)
- 1 cup drained, canned unsalted white corn (teeth)
Preparation Time: Approximately 10 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Mix the tomato soup, vegetable broth, water and red and blue food coloring in a large saucepan or small Dutch oven. Heat to simmering and add the ingredients for the “body parts”; heat through. Serve in a new and well-cleaned child’s beach bucket (at least 1/2 gallon capacity), or from the saucepan or Dutch oven.