This guest recipe is courtesy of Taste Of Home, one of my favorite food websites and magazines.
Bat Cupcakes Recipe
* 24 Servings
* Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge-striped cookies
- 24 milk chocolate kisses
- Red decorating icing
* Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
* Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. For bat wings, cut cookies in half and add scalloped edges if desired. Insert two cookie halves into each cupcake. Gently press chocolate kisses into frosting for heads. Pipe ears with reserved frosting; add eyes with decorating icing. Yield: 2 dozen.