This guest post and photo is courtesy of AllRecipes.com.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 2 Hrs 20 Min
Original Recipe Yield 1 dozen
- 4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 24 silver dragees decorating candy
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 (2 inch) pieces long red vine licorice
1. Melt the chocolate, and combine with sour cream. Stir in 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
2. Roll by level tablespoonfuls into balls. Mold to a slight point at one end (the nose).
3. Roll dough in confectioners sugar (for white mice), and in chocolate cookie crumbs (for dark mice). On each mouse, place dragees in appropriate spot for eyes, almond slices for ears, and a licorice string for the tail.
4. Refrigerate for at least two hours, until firm.