Recently I was introduced to products from a company that I’d only heard of a few times – Dei Fratelli. They make lots of tomato products including salsa. Salsa is a popular item in our house, so I was very interested to try theirs.
There are six types of Dei Fratelli salsa:
- Original Salsa Mild – The tomatoes are the key to Our Original salsa. Sturdy diced tomatoes add more body and a delightful flavor transform everyday salsa to perfection with just the right amount of peppers, onions and garlic.
- Casera Salsa Mild – Casera, meaning “homemade”, is a clean, fresh tasting blend of tomatoes, onions and peppers complimented by fresh cilantro and lime juice. Tastes like fresh-squeezed goodness … From your own kitchen!
- Black Bean n’ Corn Salsa Medium – A delightful blend of black beans and roasted corn carefully blended with tomatoes and peppers to create a family favorite for generations to come.
- Original Salsa Medium – The exceptional flavor of our vine-ripened tomatoes and Jalapeno peppers boost the zest level of Our Original salsa. The flavor profile is perfected with an ideal blend of only the best peppers, onions and garlic. Delicious!
- Chipotle Salsa Medium – The perfect combination of red ripe tomatoes, flavor-packed onions, fire-roasted red bell peppers and chipotles combine to create a lightly smoked flavor that’s true to the flavors of the old southwest.
- Casera Salsa Medium Hot – Jalapeno peppers kick up the heat on this fresh tasting “homemade” blend. Fresh cilantro and lime juice make the flavor of this salsa come alive – and your favorite snacks and recipes, too!
We received jars of the Original Salsa Medium, the Black Bean And Corn Salsa Medium, and the Casera Salsa Medium Hot. WhenI opened the jar I immediately noticed the vivid colorful contents of the jar and smelled the salsa. You can actually see the chunks and some ingredients, unlike some salsas that are just sort of pureed. Something that we noticed about the salsas is that they weren’t overly acidic – RB really appreciated that. Of the three jars we received the Black Bean And Corn Salsa Medium was both my and RB’s favorite. It’s not overly spicy but does have a zing to it. TJ likes spicy, the spicier the better. He liked the Casera Salsa Medium Hot, which admittedly was too hot for me. I’d really like to try the mild ones, based on the three varieties that we tried I’ll bet they are delicious!
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.