What does your favorite candy say about you?
According to a national survey conducted by The Hershey Company, personal candy preferences may provide insight into Halloween costume choices. According to the survey:
- About 30 percent of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Kit Kat Wafer Bar and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate lovers will do the monster mash this year as a vampire, witch or monster.
- Fans of Twizzlers Twists may get the chance to show their dance moves as they twist the night away dressed in garb from the 1950s. More than 41 percent stated they plan to dress-up in period piece costumes from different eras of the 20th century.
- Jolly Rancher lovers will most likely sport a cape on the holiday, as 23 percent expressed a desire to channel superhuman powers as their favorite superhero.
Wondering what else your candy says about you? I went trick or treating every year into my teens. I’d go door to door in my neighborhood, grateful for any candy I got but always hoping for my favorite candies. Whenever I got to a house that was giving out my favorite candy I’d be grinning widely when I left the porch. What were my favorite candies back then? Mostly the same as they are now – Kit Kats and Hershey’ Milk Chocolate Bars. Care to guess what the most popular candy given out on Halloween is?
The most popular Hershey’s candies given to trick-or-treaters are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (43%), Kit Kat® Wafer Bars (40%), Hershey®’s Milk Chocolate Bars (37%) and Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates (27%). Surprised? I wasn’t. During the Halloween time of year, Hershey adds a costume-like twist to these classic favorites with Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins, Halloween Kit Kat Orange Snack Size Bars, Hershey®’s Miniatures (Hershey®’s Krackel® Bar, Hershey®’s Special Dark® Dark Chocolate, Hershey®’s Mr. Goodbar® Candy Bar and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate) wrapped in orange, black, purple and lime-green foils and Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates wrapped in orange, black and silver foils. They may look a little different, thanks to their Halloween costumes, but they taste as good as they do the rest of the year.
Additional classic favorites for the season include:
- Reese’s Lovers 50 Snack Size Pieces (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Pieces Candy and Reese’s Fast Break® Candy Bar)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins Jumbo Snack Size
- Hershey’s Seasonal Shapes Assortment with 50 Snack Size Packages (Hershey’s Tombstone-shaped Moulded Bars in Milk Chocolate and Cookies ‘N’ Crème flavors, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins)
- Harvest Hershey®’s Kisses® Brand Candy Corn Flavored Candy
- Harvest York® Peppermint Patties Pumpkin Shapes
- York® Peppermint Batty
Plus, Hershey has come up with a wide array of new candy assortments perfect for trick-or-treaters, including:
- NEW – Twizzlers® Assortment 120 Snack Size Pieces (Mini Bars Candy Strawberry, Pull n’ Peel Candy Wildberry and Pull n’ Peel Candy Green Apple)
- NEW – Hershey’s Cookies ‘N’ Crème Jumbo Bag Snack Size Treats
- NEW – Hershey’s Chocolate Assortment with 100 Snack Size Pieces (Kit Kat Crisp Wafers, York Peppermint Patties, Hershey’s Mr. Goodbar® Candy Bars, Reese’s Pieces® Candy, Hershey’s Chocolate Lollipops, Milk Duds® Candy, Jolly Rancher® Doubles Candy and Whoppers® Malted Milk Balls)
- NEW – Hershey’s Candy Assortment with 100 Snack Size Packages (Reese’s Pieces Candy, Whoppers Malted Milk Balls, Milk Duds Candy and Jolly Rancher Lollipops)
Hershey’s seasonal offerings can be found at retailers nationwide. For more information on Hershey’s Halloween products, as well as costume ideas, spooky screensavers, desktop wallpapers, delicious recipes, craft activities and party invitations, visit www.CelebrateWithHersheys.com.
About The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company (NYSE: HSY) is the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and sugar confectionery. Headquartered in Hershey, Pa., The Hershey Company has operations throughout the world and more than 12,000 employees. With revenues of more than $5 billion, Hershey offers such iconic brands as Hershey’s, Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Kit Kat, Twizzlers and Ice Breakers as well as the smooth, creamy indulgence of Hershey’s Bliss chocolates. Hershey is a leader in the fast-growing dark and premium chocolate segment, with such brands as Hershey’s Special Dark and Hershey’s Extra Dark. In addition, Artisan Confections Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hershey Company, markets such premium chocolate offerings as Scharffen Berger and Dagoba. For more than 100 years, The Hershey Company has been a leader in making a positive difference in the communities where we live, work and do business. The Milton Hershey School, established by the company’s founder in 1909, provides a nurturing environment, quality education, housing, and medical care at no cost to children in social and financial need. The School is administered by the Hershey Trust Company, Hershey’s largest shareholder, making the students of Milton Hershey School direct beneficiaries of Hershey’s success. Please visit us at www.hersheys.com.
This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. I did receive two bags of candy and despite the fact that they are delicious and half gone they did not influence the opinions reflected in this post in any way.