Here’s one more recipe to celebrate National Pie Day from the culinary staff at Wellspring Academies (www.wellspringacademies.com).
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2/3 cup egg beaters
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla soymilk
- 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup granulated Splenda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp butter extract
- ½ tsp molasses
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Pam spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Wash and peel the sweet potato and the butternut squash.
3. Dice each into 1/4” cubes, and remove the seeds from the squash.
4. Microwave in a small bowl for 6-10 minutes, then let sit in microwave for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Place squash and sweet potato in a food processor and process until mostly smooth.
6. Add all remaining ingredients except marshmallows and Pam to the food processor and process again until combined.
7. Lightly spray a medium baking dish with Pam.
8. Pour mixture into pan and evenly spread out.
9. Bake for 30-50 minutes, or until very soft.
10. Sprinkle marshmallows on top, then bake 3-5 more minutes, or until marshmallows are beginning to brown.
11. Allow to cool slightly, and then serve!
Yield: 8 servings
Approximate Nutritional Information:
84 calories/0g fat per serving