Here’s another easy to make back to school recipe from the folks at Quaker Maid.
To make Meatball Pitas you’ll need:
- 1 package of Mama Lucia Italian Style Meatballs
- 8 small pita breads
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
Heat the meatballs on the stove top with red pepper flakes and oregano. Heat the pita breads in the oven on low heat until warm. Once heated, place 2-3 meatballs in each pita bread. Top with feta, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. As cheese begin to melt, top off with lettuce, onion and black olives. Serve “taco style” for a snack or main meal.