Check out this recipe from Driscoll’s Berries, it looks cool for a hot summer day.
Fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry dressing is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Try this salad with a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound cooked whole shrimp, 41-50 count size, about 24 total shrimp
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuce or spring mix
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
Blend 1/3 cup of the raspberries, vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drizzle in the oil while blending. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly, if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine shrimp, mango, celery, and onion in a medium bowl. Gently stir in remaining raspberries.
Divide lettuce onto four plates and arrange avocado slices on top of lettuce.
Top with shrimp raspberry mixture and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve with any remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Per Serving: 389 calories, 29.39g total fat, 4.20g saturated fat, 15.22g protein, 19.84g carbohydrate, 110.56mg cholesterol, 10.51g fiber, 188mg sodium