My Mom was big on having trail mix around for snacking, particularly when my brothers were into Scouting and other activities. No matter how many times I had the trail mix, I couldn’t really get into it. To me it’s flavor was sort of dry and blah. I didn’t seek trail mix out much after that. I was at the Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago recently and came to learn about Power Up, a company that prides itself on fresh and flavorful trail mix.
Power Up is a brand of trail mixes dedicated to quality and nutrient density paired with great taste and functionality. Their trail mixes are always made with the freshest, premium quality ingredients including the best selection of nuts paired with dried fruits. Power Up brand is dedicated to offering every day, delicious and nutritious snacks that help to Power Up your life. Power Up mixes are mixed and packed in Brooklyn, NY and quickly sent out for distribution.
There are currently eight varieties of Power Up Trail Mix. All eight varieties are all natural, gluten-free, and vegan. They contain low-added sugars and no preservatives or colors .
- ALMOND CRANBERRY CRUNCH – Almonds, Cranberry, Peanuts, Raisins
- NATURE’S MIX – Raisins, Cranberries, Peanuts, Pineapple, Papaya, Almonds and Cashews
- PROTEIN PACKED – Almonds, Cashews, Raisins, Pumpkin Seeds, Peanuts and Cherries
- SUMMER TRAILS – Cranberries, Cashews, Strawberries, Peanuts, Almonds Blueberries and Mango
- ANTIOXIDANT – Raisins, Dark Chocolate, Walnuts, Blueberries, Pecans and Cranberries
- GOJI POWER – Goji Berries, Coconut Chips, Walnuts, Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds and Cashews
- HIGH ENERGY – Pineapple, Banana Chips, Coconut, Cranberries, Cashews, Papaya
- MEGA OMEGA – Walnuts, Dried Mango, Almonds, Cranberries, Pumpkin Seeds
Of the eight varieties, four don’t contain any nuts – Antioxidant, Goji Power, High Energy, and Mega Omega. The Mega Omega is currently the best seller of the eight. Power Up strives to offer the freshest tasting healthiest trail mix available. The Trail Mixes come in several sizes – 2.25 oz pouch, 4 oz standup bag, 10 oz standup bag, and 13-14 oz standup bag. All of those bags are resealable except for the small size.
You can purchase Power Up at Walmart, Marshall’s and Costco, as well as online.
Hubby loves it when I mix things together to make him a snack. He enjoyed the trail mix right out of the bags. One day I was putting together a batch of fudge and thought it would be fun to add some of the Power Up trail mix to the chocolate. It was a super convenient way to put some add-in items into the fudge without buying a bunch of different things. The resulting fudge was a winner, hubby loved it. And because Power Up Trail Mixes are gluten-free, that also meant the finished fudge was safe for my youngest. Here’s how I made it.
Gluten-free Trail Mix White Fudge
- 11×7 baking pan (you can use a 13×9 if you want your fudge to be less dense)
- measuring cup
- wax paper
- 4 cups Power UpTrail Mix (I used the Almond Cranberry Crunch)
- 4 cups white chocolate chips (If you are making this gluten-free, check the label. Some brands like Hershey’s and Nestle are gluten-free while others aren’t.)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (If you are making this gluten-free, check the label. Some brands like Borden are gluten-free while others aren’t.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Heat the condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute.
Place white chocolate chips in a large glass bowl with the vegetable oil. Soften in the microwave for about 2 minutes on half power.
Take the bowl containing the chocolate mixture out of the microwave.
Heat the condensed milk in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
Add the vanilla to the condensed milk and stir.
Pour the condensed milk over the chocolate mixture.
Stir the chocolate and milk mixture thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.
Add the Power Up to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Pour the mixture into the wax lined baking dish.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours until the fudge is firm.
Once it is firm, cut the fudge into pieces and serve.
Which variety of Power Up Trail Mix would you most like to try?
ONE winner will receive an assortment of Power Up Snacks.
HOW TO ENTER.
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S. based address to receive the prize.
Enter using the Giveaway Tools widget below. The winner will be selected by the Giveaway Tools widget. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that you must complete the mandatory required entry, and that only comments answering the question asked will be eligible for entry. No PO Boxes. From Val’s Kitchen is not responsible for prize fulfillment or shipment of prizing. Good luck to everyone!