Yes it’s time for another Instant Pot soup! You may recall that I love chicken corn chowder. I also love the combination of chicken and ranch, as well as potatoes and ranch. I’d never had ranch soup and the idea of it sounded really appealing to me. Voila Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Chowder! As with my other Instant Pot chowders, this one is tasty and filling. The ranch flavor adds a little zing to the thick soup. Here’s how I make it.
Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Chowder
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid for keeping warm while serving
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- cutting board
- potato peeler – I only use the stainless steel ones with a swiveling blade. It’s the same exact type that my Grandma used. I have tried others and the stainless swiveling models always perform the best for me.
Instant Pot Glass LidSilicone Serving SpoonPyrex 3-pc Glass Measuring CupStainless Swivel Potato PeelerOXO Good Grips 10.5 x 14.5″ Cutting BoardFarberware 15-Piece Stamped Stainless Steel Knife Block SetInstant Pot DUO60 6Qt 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure CookerSilicone & Stainless Steel Black 4 Ounce Soup Ladle
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken (I used chicken tenderloins)
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 oz frozen carrots
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2x packets ranch dressing mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, slightly softened and cut into chunks
Place the chicken into the pot of the pressure cooker.
Then place the potatoes and carrots on top of the potatoes.
Place the ranch seasoning and the cream cheese on top of the vegetables.
Add the chicken broth in.
Select the pressure cooker‘s soup setting and set it to cook for 15 minutes.
When the potatoes have finished cooking, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes then do a quick pressure release.
Serve immediately with salt and pepper to taste.
If this recipe interests you then you may also be interested in my other Instant Pot chowder recipes.