Rich and creamy soups are amongst my favorite. There’s just something so comforting and so warming about a thick and hearty creamy soup. Potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables. When it comes to baked potatoes, I really enjoy them when they’re loaded with bacon, cheese and sour cream. One of my favorite heavy soups is my loaded baked potato soup. I made a few minor adjustments and by using an Instant Pot can now make the soup in under 30 minutes instead of double that or more to make it another way. The soup is really tasty and filling. We all loved it and will be having it again. Here’s how I make it.
Instant Pot Gluten-free Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid for keeping warm while serving
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicon potato masher
- silicone spoon – I prefer silicone cooking utensils, I find them a lot easier to work with. Plus they don’t seem quite as hot to my tongue if I happen to taste a little sample of what I’m cooking LOL.
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
- cutting board
- potato peeler – I only use the stainless steel ones with a swiveling blade. It’s the same exact type that my Grandma used. I have tried others and the stainless swiveling models always perform the best for me.
And here’s buttons to easily purchase or learn more about any of the items I’ve used.
Instant Pot Glass LidInstant Pot Silicone MittsSilicone Potato MasherSilicone Serving SpoonPyrex 3-piece Glass Measuring CupStainless Swivel Potato PeelerBamboo 3-piece Cutting Board SetInstant Pot 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheese (I used triple cheddar combo of VT, WI and NY sharps)
- 1.5 cups shredded bacon
Place the potatoes and chicken broth into the pot.
Set the pressure cooker to manual 10 minutes.
When the potatoes have finished cooking, do a quick pressure release.
Use a silicon masher (inside the pot) to mash the potatoes.
Set the Instant Pot to saute.
Add the bacon, shredded cheese and sour cream and stir well.
Add a little milk if you want to thin the soup out a bit.
Serve with a little shredded cheese on top.