One of the great things about the Instant Pot is that using it is pretty simple. This particular recipe is affordable, calls for only 5 ingredients (not counting water) and has virtually no steps involved to make. The final dish is sort of like a pasta stew, but I wouldn’t really call it a stew because of how few ingredients it has. Everyone loved it and it’s been added to the growing collection of dishes that have been requested again. Here’s how I made it.
Instant Pot Beef And Macaroni
- Instant Pot (I used a 6 qt model)
- silicone cooking spoon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb smaller pasta (I used ditalini)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes (I used basil, garlic, oregano seasoned)
- 28 oz water
- 4 beef boullion cubes (Bj’s large ones that call for 2 cups of water per cube)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
Set the Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground beef.
Add the diced tomatoes, water, boullion cubes and onion soup mix and stir well.
Set the Instant Pot to soup (which cooks for 10 minutes).
Add the ditalini macaroni.
Set the Instant Pot to manual 6 minutes to cook.
Serve immediately , sprinkling a little shredded cheese on top if you like.