Rice is a favorite in our house. Not just because it’s very versatile and tasty, but also because it’s easy to find rice that is gluten-free. White rice is a staple in our home for just that reason. It can be used to make an affordable and tasty meal that everyone, not just folks that can’t have gluten, will eat and enjoy. This dish is easy to make, and gets its flavor from the bacon and cheese. Here’s how I made it.
Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Rice
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
Some of the posts on this site, such as this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a VERY SMALL commission if you purchase the product or service.
- Instant Pot pressure cooker (I used the 6 qt model)
- Instant Pot glass lid – I love this lid because it keeps the food warm while I’m serving or while we’re eating
- Instant Pot silicone lid – This lid is for food storage purposes. It will enable you to store your Instant Pot in the fridge, keeping your meal or leftovers covered and fresh.
- Instant Pot silicone mitts
- silicone spoon
- measuring cup – I like the Pyrex glass measuring cups. They are super easy to read, wash well, and are very sturdy when placed on the counter.
Here’s convenient buttons that will let you easily purchase any of the items I’ve listed.
Spray the Instant Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
Rinse the white rice.
Place white rice and water into the pressure cooker.
Set to 4 minutes manual and cook.
Release pressure manually.
Add the shredded cheese and bacon immediately upon opening and stir well.
Set the Instant Pot to saute and cook for 2 minutes.
Serve with salt and pepper to taste.