From Val’s Kitchen has teamed up with Better In Bulk and This Mama Loves to bring you this recipe linky. This feature runs every Monday. It’s a great opportunity for you to find and share menu ideas. Please visit the other bloggers and readers and check out the recipes they’ve shared. You never know, you could meal plan your whole week right here in a matter of minutes!
I’ve been thinking about egg rolls lately. Not sure why. I can tolerate them, but there’s usually at least one ingredient in there I don’t care for (cabbage). My Mom LOVES egg rolls. If someone is ordering Chinese it’s a sure bet she’ll want an egg roll. Or a spring roll, I’m not quite clear on if there’s a difference between the two. Anyway. I thought it might be fun to make some homemade egg rolls, but not with the ingredients you’d expect. I spent a couple of days making all sorts of egg rolls, and the Sausage And Cheese Egg Roll was the overwhelming favorite. Everyone enjoyed them and has already asked for me to make them again. They’re really easy to make, and here’s how I did it.
- 10 egg roll wraps
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 4-06 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1x 14.5 oz can tomato sauce (I used variety seasoned with basil garlic and oregano)
- OPTIONAL - Hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400f.
- Brown your sausage.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cooked sausage, cheese and sauce. Stir well. (If you are adding the hot sauce add it now.)
- Lay a wonton out on a flat surface. I like to lay it diagonally, since it's more natural to fold in that position.
- Place some sausage in the middle. Don't go all the way to the ends or you won't be able to close the egg roll.
- Fold the top and bottom of the egg roll towards each other, meaning, fold the bottom up towards the top and the top down towards the bottom.
- Fold the sides of the egg roll in towards the middle.
- Brush or rub the top of each egg roll with a light covering of olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Serve as is or with a side of sauce.
What’s your favorite kind of egg roll or spring roll?
Now let’s see what you’re cooking up!
Please post the direct link to your recipe (not your blog) and the name of your recipe. All others will be removed.
And last but not least, be sure to visit again next Monday for a new recipe and to link up!
Category: My Recipes