This is one holiday you don’t want to miss! Whether you dip them in syrup, cover them in cream or dot them with blueberries, these sweet little flapjacks are worth celebrating on National Pancake Day this March 1!!
On behalf of the great children’s TV series, Hey Kids, Let’s Cook! we’d like to share one of our favorite recipes with you – Pumpkin Pancakes!!
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-1/2 teaspoon ground gloves
-1 cup low-fat milk
-2 Tablespoons canola oil
-1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1. Measure the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl: whole-wheat flour, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
2. Add the milk, canola oil, and egg into a small mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until blended and add to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the pumpkin and stir.
4. Lightly grease a large frying pan with canola oil and heat to medium high.
5. Drop in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
6. Flip each pancake when you see bubbles rising to the top.
7. Top with apple butter or maple syrup. You did it! Yum!
Tune in to your local PBS station to catch more great recipes from Hey Kids, Let’s Cook!, which brings culinary tips and health education to viewers. Host Kathy Powers and her team of chefs, ages 6 to 13, bring creative recipes and fun-filled segments to viewers, promising to take the kids to new and exciting parts of the country for its biggest season yet!
View video clips, recipes and more information on their website: www.heykidsletscook.com
Filed Under: Guest recipes
About the Author: NJ Mom of 2 boys. Social media enthusiast. Blogger. Freelance marketing. I l love cats. Ds Advocate. Listening to Hinder, P Roach & Rev Theory and lots of Oleander. My name is Valerie, but I go by valmg online. I am a mother to 2 boys – TJ, a 17 year old, and CJ, a 13 year old with Down Syndrome. I am a Jersey girl. I have three younger brothers, all of whom have children. I HATE the misuse of the word retarded. I take it personally and find it very offensive.