Big Fish Turkey Recipe With A New Twist – With Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition Game Giveaway
Thanksgiving may be over, but people everywhere are still celebrating. Folks may enjoy a family dinner on Thanksgiving and then host their own dinner over the extended weekend for other family members, friends and loved ones. The folks at Big Fish have shared a recipe with me, which I’m going to share with you along with a little giveaway. And no worries. If you aren’t making a turkey today or over this weekend, you can always use this recipe next month during the Christmas holidays.
The impending need for a delicious turkey becomes paramount during the holidays, as does a little downtime for the chef! Below is the absolute best recipe out there to make the perfect, juicy turkey recipe that will keep you sane at the same time.
- 1 (10 to 12-pound) turkey, with giblets removed
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 ounces dried mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for rubbing on turkey
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning turkey
- 3 cups Challah bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (from approximately 4 to 5 slices)
- 4 ounces unsweetened dried cherries, approximately 1 cup
- 2 ounces chopped pecans, approximately 1/2 cup
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning turkey
- A PC or Mac loaded with the new Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition
1. Remove the giblets from the turkey, and place into a deep, high-sided bowl on its end with the stuffing end up. Set aside.
2. Go to your PC or Mac. Log onto Big Fish Games, and download Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake, a new game available as of November 21, 2012. (FYI – There’s a Thanksgiving sale going on on all games right now!)
3. Heat the chicken broth in the microwave in a large microwave-proof container. Place mushrooms in a glass bowl and pour heated broth over them. Cover and set aside for 35 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl toss the onion, celery, and green pepper with the oil and salt. Place the vegetables on a sheet pan and roast for 35 minutes.
5. Take a 25 minute break to view the opening scene of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake. Get your first clue from the medium, played by actor Lea Thompson.
6. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, spread the cubed bread over the vegetables, return to the oven, and continue cooking.
7. Drain mushrooms, reserving 1 cup of liquid. Chop the mushrooms and place in a large microwave-proof bowl with the vegetables and bread, reserved chicken stock, cherries, pecans, eggs, sage, parsley and black pepper. Stir well in order to break up pieces of bread. Use your hands to combine, if necessary. Heat the stuffing in a microwave on high power for 6 minutes.
8. While the stuffing is heating, rub the bird with oil. Working quickly, place the stuffing into the cavity of the turkey to avoid losing heat.
9. Place the turkey into a roasting pan, on a rack, and season with salt and pepper. Place the roasting pan on the middle rack of the oven. Roast for 45 minutes.
10. While roasting, go continue playing Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition. Make sure to set the timer for your turkey, otherwise you might lose track of time!
11. After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and cook for another 60 to 75 minutes or until the bird reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.
12. Return to your computer to keep solving the mystery of the abandoned town of Shadow Lake in Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake! After all, with all that prep work, you’ve earned a break!
13. Serve turkey immediately.
By following these simple steps, not only will you present a delicious stuffed turkey to your family, but your sanity will be preserved, because you were able to escape the pressures of the day and play a fabulous, brand new Mystery Case Files game. And in true Thanksgiving spirit, you could even involve the whole family, and work together to solve the puzzles!
For those of you unfamiliar with Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition, or who can’t check it out now, here’s a little info about it.
Your skills as the Master Detective are needed once again! This time, a psychic medium has reached out to you to solve the mysterious destruction of a town on the edge of Shadow Lake. Armed with strange ghost pictures she drew while in a trance, you must canvass the town’s landscape, unlocking visions of cursed objects, and unexplained accidents.
- Expanded Hidden Object Scenes – Our favorite puzzle is back, but with a twist! Now, instead of looking in just one room in a stack of items for your hidden objects, the hunt spans several rooms.
- Map Travel – With so many different locations to visit, we’ve included an animated 3D rendered map that will allow you to travel between different places in the town quickly. But you’ll still have lots of scenes within each location to navigate!
- Exclusive Features – Our Collector’s Editions include several additional features, like bonus gameplay, morphing objects, achievements, and exclusive production materials.
- Built-in Strategy Guide – Get stuck somewhere? Not to worry! Collector’s Editions come with a guide right in game to help with the trickiest puzzles!
TWO winners will each receive a download code for Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition.
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter leave a comment on this post telling me what you find the most stressful about the Thanksgiving holiday. (For me it isn’t the turkey, it’s the cleaning.)
5 – Subscribe to my email feed, and confirm your subscription. Leave 5 comments for this.
2 – Subscribe to my newsletter. (at top of sidebar) – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Leave a comment on my Facebook page stating what giveaway you’re entering. (at top of sidebar)
2 – Subscribe to my YouTube channel. (at top of sidebar.) – Leave 2 comments for this.
2 – Follow @valmg on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. (at top of sidebar) – Leave 2 comments for this.
1 – Tweet the following and leave the link here – I entered to #win a @bigfishgames #giveaway from @valmg at http://fromvalskitchen.com. – Two tweets daily is the max for this method of entry.
1 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (at top of sidebar) – Leave 2 comments for this.
3 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here. – Leave 3 comments for this.
2 – Place my button (button code in sidebar) on your blog and leave link to your blog. – Leave 2 comments for this.
1 – Leave a relevant comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog. Unlimited entries for this method of entry. Leave a comment for each.
2 – Visit my other blog – Mom Knows It All – and leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned there. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry, leave a comment for each post you commented on.
1 – Visit HereAndThere.US (my Mom) and leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned on my Mom’s blog. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one here and one there.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
The winner will be selected using the “And the winner is” plugin. US addresses only please, no PO Boxes. This contest will end on Friday 11/30/12 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within 24 hours of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
I am to receive a download code for the game in exchange for sharing this information. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post are my own have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.