Have you ever shopped at ALDI? I actually never have. The folks at ALDI shared some Valentine’s Day gift suggestions and some fondue recipes with me, check them out.
From flowers to fondue, ALDI helps put together the perfect treat for your readers’ Valentines this year. Sweethearts will love the savings and quality of ALDI products that help make this holiday special. Surprise your sweetie for under $6.00 with one of the following goodies found at ALDI:
• Moser-Roth Chocolates – Premium Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa and Chili Chocolate
• Fruits, breads or marshmallows for fondue dipping (check out ALDI exclusive recipes below!)
• One of ALDI’s exclusive, award-winning wines to pair with your treats:
o Memoir Red Wine (California)
o Chaza Moscato (South Africa)
o Sovinello Private Collection, Pinot Noir (Italy)
• A bouquet of roses or assorted fresh flowers
To create a truly special occasion, I can send you one of the ALDI test kitchen fondue recipes to share with you readers!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jared, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 2 cups Happy Farms Cheddar Cheese (cubed)
- 2 cups Happy Farms Colby Jack Cheese (cubed)
- 1 tbsp. Stonemill Essentials Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Baker’s Corner All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Wernesgrüner Beer or ¾ cup GT Cola
- ¼ tsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: Heat 10 minutes on stove and 60 minutes in slow cooker
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Combine all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
Over medium heat, stir until the cheese melts, approximately 10 minutes.
Pour the sauce into a small slow cooker and set on medium for 1 hour, stir occasionally.
Serve in slow cooker or pour into a serving dish.
Dip assorted fruits, vegetables, breads or cooked meats of your choice.
Valentine’s Day Serving Tip: Get into the spirit by placing your dipping treats into varying red and pink serving dishes!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 15 oz. Milk or Dark Choceur Chocolate Bars, chopped
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Friendly Farms Half & Half
- Pinch Salt
- 2 cups (3.5 oz.) Baker’s Corner Miniature Marshmallows
- 14 each (7.46 oz.) Benton’s Graham Crackers
- Optional: strawberries, banana slices, assorted cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Heat half and half in a small saucepan over medium heat, and bring just to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low, add chocolate pieces and a pinch of salt to the hot cream, and whisk the mixture until smooth and creamy.
Once combined, transfer mixture to a crockpot or fondue pot to keep warm on low heat. 10 minutes before serving, add mini marshmallows and stir just to incorporate. As the mixture sits, the marshmallows will melt and the chocolate will thicken.
If desired, crush 2 graham crackers and sprinkle over the top of fondue mixture to garnish. Serve fondue with graham crackers and your favorite fresh fruits or cookies for dipping.
This post has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self.
Filed Under: Guest recipes
About the Author: NJ Mom of 2 boys. Social media enthusiast. Blogger. Freelance marketing. I love cats. Ds Advocate. Love rock music, I'm currently listening to lots of Digital Summer and Oleander. My name is Valerie, but I go by valmg online. I am a mother to 2 boys – TJ, a 17 year old, and CJ, a 14 year old with Down Syndrome. I am a Jersey girl. I have three younger brothers, all of whom have children. I HATE the misuse of the word retarded. I take it personally and find it very offensive.